Statement of Faith
The members of Life Restoration Partners International (LRPI) represent the diversity of the body of Christ which is the Church worldwide. We appreciate the family we have formed through this ministry and wish it to be an inclusive one which welcomes individuals from various traditions, cultures, and denominational backgrounds. We ask that those who seek to join us first read our statement of faith which unites us in belief, teaching, and lifestyle. We believe that it is Christ’s desire that we find and stand on common ground by which we can share our faithwith each other as well as unbelieving people in need of salvation.
- There is one God, eternal and existing in three persons- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God who was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life and voluntarily atoned for the sins of men by dying on the cross as their substitute, thus satisfying God’s justice and upholding His standard of perfect holiness. He rose from the dead in the same body, though glorified, in which He lived and died; He ascended bodily into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the Father, where He continually intercedes for all believers.
- Every person has been created in the image of God, yet all of us fall short of the glory of God as a result of sin, which is disobedience of God’s will. Thus, everyone is in need of the forgiveness of their sins.
- We believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross to save us from the eternal penalty of our sin – separation from God. No human effort, no matter how good, can restore us from our state of eternal alienation from God. It is only by God's grace that we are saved from this state of alienation, and this grace is freely given to all those who will trust in Jesus to forgive their sins. One must make a personal decision to place faith in Jesus Christ, confess this with their mouth, and repent of sin in their life.
- It is the privilege of all who are born again of the Spirit to be assured of their salvation from the very moment in which they trust Christ as their Savior. This assurance is not based upon any kind of human merit, but is produced by the witness of the Holy Spirit, who confirms in the believer the testimony of God in His written word.
- The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believer's life by faith.
- Every believer is called to live so in the power of the indwelling Spirit that he will not fulfill the desires of the flesh but will bear fruit to the glory of God.
- Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is composed of all men, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
- Jesus Christ will come again to the earth -- personally, visibly and bodily -- to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to disciple men of every nation. The fulfillment of that Great Commission requires that we are able and willing to share with everyone the reason for the hope we have in Christ.
- Bringing the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is restoration, not only spiritually (atonement for sin and a new creation of life in relationship to God) but also restoration of body and mind, seeking to restore all things in this world tainted by sin.